- Lucy Zodion to attend series of ILP events throughout the UK
- John Fox to present Smart Street Lighting talk at 6th Smart to Future Cities event 2017
- Lucy Zodion to attend HEA Technical Seminar at Kempton Park Race Course
- Lucy Zodion to attend HEA Technical Seminar at Durham Country Cricket Ground
- Lucy Zodion to attend ILP Spring Technical Seminar in Ireland
- Lucy Zodion MD, John Fox, to present Smart Cities talk in Brisbane
- Lucy Zodion to attend Middle East Electricity 2017 in Dubai this February
- Lucy Zodion Named Manufacturer of the Year
- Saad Appointed as Senior Software Engineer
- Tiffany Steps into Peter's Shoes
We are delighted to have been been appointed to design a new cut-out to meet the needs of Qatar based business - Venicia International Co. W.L.L., a leading project dealer for street lighting.
The government’s strategy has been to promote sustainable tourism by improving transport infrastructure and developing attractions, such as the Museum of Islamic Art and the Cultural Village, Qatar plans to invest over USD140 billion over the next five years in transport infrastructure.
Investments in constructing a new airport, a complete new city, roads and a metro system have been planned as part of supporting an anticipated influx of visitors as well as leaving a sustainable legacy for Qatar in terms of infrastructure and economic development.
There are numerous projects planned and under way to ensure that the country has the right infrastructure and venues to support an influx of visitors. Projects are currently focused on housing, hotels, a new port, roads, metro and rail system, malls and various other mixed asset developments.
Due to high temperatures, large cable sizes are used in Qatar, therefore the product development team at Lucy Zodion has created large cable size cut-out and isolator boxes that can accept up to 25mm2 cable size, supplied complete with MCBs.
The larger cable size used in the GCC area is a challenge for cut-out manufacturers especially in Qatar as cut-out boxes must be produced from thermoplastic material instead of the metal boxes used in some GCC countries like Kuwait and UAE.
Moataz Tammam, Regional Sales Manager, Dubai, commented, “The client had a bespoke requirement for a high quality cut-out that we were able to develop to specifically meet their needs. Our new design not only had to accommodate the large cable size but also meet the GCC requirements for street lighting cut-outs.”
Photo credit: Philip Lange / Shutterstock.com